Mira Connect Version 1.37.0 Release Notes
Released: July 20, 2021
The Mira Connect version 1.37.0 is a full release with the following new functionality:
- Support for dialing multiple Zoom Rooms video codecs in a room into the same call using a primary Zoom Rooms codec and multiple secondary Zoom Rooms codecs. The secondary codecs will be automatically dialed into the same call as the primary
- Support Zoom Rooms cameras as content sharing sources
- Denon DN-500BD MKII Blu-ray/DVD/CD/USB audio player support
- Epiphan Pearl Mini and Nano recorder/streamers support
- Bose Soundbar 700 volume control support
- Pensar LED fine-pitch LED display support
- Added an intuitive user interface for DVR recording, playback, and streaming functions
- General improvements
For details, please read further.
- Added support for dialing multiple Zoom Rooms systems in the same room with one primary system and multiple secondary systems. When the primary Zoom Rooms codec is dialed, the secondary Zoom Rooms are dialed automatically to the same call. Hanging up the primary Zoom Rooms system will hang up all the secondary Zoom Rooms codecs.
An optional Zoom meeting host code can be added in Mira Portal for the primary Zoom Rooms system which, if present, will be used to force the primary system to become the meeting host after joining the meeting.
The Zoom Rooms Integration guide includes detailed steps for how to take advantage of the new features.
See our article, Display Multiple Zoom Camera Views, for more information.
- Added support for using Zoom camera inputs as content sharing sources. Users can now take advantage of cameras that support whiteboard enhancement technology when shared as content.
New Equipment Supported
This release adds support for six new product/product families from the following manufacturers:
- Added support for video switching inputs to outputs with the AVPro Edge AC-MX88-UHD-HDBT-PLUS video switcher. For details, see the AVPro Edge integration guide.
- Added volume control support using Infrared (IR) for the Bose Soundbar 700. A Global Cache IP2IR interface is required for controlling the soundbar. For details, see the Bose Soundbar integration guide.
- Added support for playback of Blu-ray disks, DVD’s, CD’s, and USB media from the Denon DN-500BD MKII player using RS-232 or network control. For details, see the Denon DN-500BD integration guide.
- Added support for recording and streaming channels that are configured in the Epiphan. Mira Connect automatically discovers the Epiphan channels, making it easy to select channels for recording and streaming. For details, see the Epiphan Pearl integration guide.
Mira Connect prominently shows which Epiphan channels are recording or streaming on the display card.
- Added Infrared (IR) support for controlling the iView 3100 and 3200 set top box receivers. A Global Cache IP2IR interface is required for controlling the set top box. For details, see the iView integration guide.
- Added support for controlling standby on/off and source selection for Pensar LED displays. For details, see the Pensar LED integration guide.
- Improved channel discovery on the Audio Technica driver.
Fixed an issue where Mira Connect wasn’t operating offline properly (without WAN access) after power-cycling Mira Connect without a WAN connection.
Added support for home and back buttons for navigating DVRs, display user interfaces, and streaming devices.
Fixed an issue where Mira Connect could not connect to Extron video switchers that had a password enabled.
Added support for arbitrary device ID’s when connecting to the display.
Improved volume control support for Philips displays that only report one volume value.